Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Year 2006 in Pictures

































































The end of my first year of geocaching is rapidly arriving. To the Geocaching world I am know as Geo-Sarge. Since I first started geocaching in April 2006 I have seen many places I did not know existed and made many new friends along the way. During the year I have found over 418 hidden caches, hidden three caches of my own, and attended three group-caching events. To help keep track of the distance traveled I turned my Army Dog Tags into a travel bug. A travel bug allows the geocaching.com website to track the mileage between each cache as the travel bug moves from cache to cache. Since I first started in April I have traveled over 1,409 miles going from cache to cache using over 50 gallons of gas. Since the year has been filled with many great memories I thought I would share some of the pictures of those memories collected during my journey. Remember, it’s not about the number of caches found or hidden, it’s about the journey.

No comments: